So as it has been getting colder here in the UK and I was sorting through my makeup I realised I had a lot of purple shades of various products that I hadn’t used in a while or even tried to create a look with. Inspired by the cooler weather here I decided to create a purple smokey eye with dark vampy lips…. Very on trend this season.
I have recently heard so much about the loreal infallible eyeshadows but had only purchased one colour to try (I admit I was a bit apprehensive on how to use this powder cream pigment) in purple. I also had at hand a gorgeous new illamasqua pigment which has some purple tones and is sparkly in the shade alluvium (blog post and swatches on my pigments coming at a later date).
And as fall (or autumn as we call it in the UK) comes back so does the matte and flawless complexion trend. So basically I wanted to combine these elements into one look and also have the opportunity to play around with some new products. I usually shy away from darker vampy lips but as this is a seasonal trend I thought I may as well embrace it.
Here is a list of the products including brushes used to create the look below. I started out with the eyes as I was using pigments so didn’t want to have to clean up a lot of fall out.
1. I applied elf eyelid primer all over my lid and underneath my eye and blended in with my fingers.
2. I then applied loreal infallible eyeshadow in purple obsession (as a base) using the base shadow brush by real techniques on the outer two thirds of the lid.
3. I used my mac purples quad (shades used: mink pink in the inner third of the eye, bruised plum in the crease, black tulip to intensify the crease and jungle moon in the outer v) all using my shader brush.
4. I sprayed a little of Mac’s fix plus on a limited edition eye duo fiber brush and used this to brush the illamasqua pigment in alluvium on the outer third of the lid.
5. Use Barry M dazzle dusts in gold iridescent for the inner corner around the year duct, bright indigo in the first third and lilac in crease again using the base shadow brush.
6. Line the eyes with bobbi brown gel eyeliner in black ink creating a slight cat eye shape using the fine liner brush and for the waterline avon super shock gel liner pencil in black.
7. Add ardell false lashes in Demi wispies for that extra dramatic look.
8. I applied dots of estee lauder double wear foundation in ivory beige all over face and then blended in with a buffing brush.
9. I used maybelline fit me concealer in medium 215 to brighten under my eyes after using the benefit boing concealer in no2 to cover my bags using my favourite brush the deluxe crease brush!
10. For my brows I used the benefit brows a go-go kit, I used the powder the wax and the highlighter. The guide in the kit is really useful!
11. For the lips I used rimmel exaggerate lip liner in obsession and lined slightly above my upper lip to get a fuller look. I then used maxfactor lipstick in midnight plum and blended the liner with the lipstick using my fingers.
I used all real techniques brushes to achieve this look
The hijaab I am wearing was a gift to me and was available at dorothy perkins, I’m not sure if you can still get it though.
Hope you like the look, let me know your thoughts and any other looks you would like me to try, or if you have any questions just leave a comment below xx